Nassau County Police reported four burglaries in the Oyster Bay area.
Bayville Pharmacy was burglarized Sept. 23 and had packs of cigarettes stolen. Two homes were broken into and had electronics and jewelry stolen and one home reported no loss. Last year, police reminded residents that rear entrances to homes are incredibly vulnerable to intrusion. Reread their reminders here.
Also, even reports of cars being broken into and having personal belongings stolen continued the trend seen in the last crime report.
Second Precinct detectives reported the following crimes:
- Sept. 21: Burglary; Keri Way, Woodbury; computer, jewelry stolen.
- Sept. 23: Burglary; Bayville Pharmacy, Bayville; packs of cigarettes stolen.
- Sept. 23: Burglary; Cravings, Plainview; rear door open, nothing stolen.
- Sept. 24: Burglary; Diamond Drive, Plainview; two iPads and jewelry stolen.
Get updates on this story and other breaking news alerts by signing up for our newsletter. Sign-up for free here.
- Sept. 20: Petit larceny; West Cherry Street, Hicksville; two tires and rims stolen from car.
- Sept. 22: Petit larceny; Pathmark, Bethpage; two iPods, wallet, and credit cards stolen from car.
- Sept. 22: Petit larceny; Sunnyside Lane, Hicksville; computer bag, personal papers stolen from car.
- Sept. 23: Petit larceny; Cantiague Lane, Hicksville; GPS stolen from car.
- Sept. 23: Petit larceny; Hunters Lane, Westbury; GPS stolen from car.
- Sept. 24: Grand larceny; St. Joseph Hospital, Bethpage; wallet, cash, credit card stolen from car.
- Sept. 24: Petit larceny; Citibank, Hicksville; purse, phone, keys, and cash stolen from car.