Five burglaries were reported by police within the Second Precinct by police within one week.
Both commercial and residential properties were targeted in these incidents. Incidents ranged from a break-in at Man Yi in Syosset, where cash was stolen and the business ransacked, to the theft of 300 cellphones at Worldwide Mobile in Hicksville.
Check out last week's update on car break-ins here.
Also burglarized was St. Killian's Church in Farmingdale, where cash was stolen from the church offices.
Other thefts of coins, jewelry, cash, and tools were also reported.
The Second Precinct reported the following crimes:
- Jan. 24: Burglary; Parks Drive, Old Bethpage; gold watch, gold ring stolen.
- Jan. 25: Burglary; Man Yi, Syosset; cash stolen, business ransacked.
- Jan. 28: Burglary; Levittown Lanes North, Levittown; two small fires set, nothing stolen.
- Jan. 28: Burglary; Worldwide Mobile, Hicksville; 300 cell phones stolen.
- Jan. 29: Burglary; St. Killian Church office, Farmingdale; cash stolen.
In addition to burglaries, these thefts were also reported in the area:
- Jan. 22: Grand larceny; Econo Lodge, Hicksville; assorted tools stolen from shed.
- Jan. 26: Grand larceny; Lewis Street, Hicksville; Trek bicycle stolen.
- Jan. 27: Grand larceny; Glenn Drive, Woodbury; assorted jewelry and coins stolen.
- Jan. 28: Grand larceny; West John Street, Hicksville; jewelry stolen.
- Jan. 29: Grand larceny; Sugar Maple Road, Levittown; cash stolen.